HP Printers: – Installation and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver
Windows have in-built printer drivers for many types of printers. These printer drivers support basic printer functions for most of the print jobs.
- Printer Setup for windows: Set the Windows Update to download driver software automatically
Ensure that your computer is set to automatically download the driver software.
- Search for change device installation in the windows, and then click on the Change device installation settings Control Panel setting in the given list of results.
- Device Installation Settings window gets displayed.
- Select the Yes in the options and then click on the Save Changes.
hp Printer Setup for Windows
Connect wireless printer to your computer
you need to connect your HP printer to the computer before you start with the printer driver installation.
Connect wireless printer to the computer with a USB cable.
- Ensure that your computer is switched on and it is connected to the Internet.
- Also switch on the printer.
- Take a USB cable and connect it to the USB port located on the rear of the printer and thereafter to the computer.
- If you will see Found new hardware window is displayed, follow the prompts, if any, to install the driver and then try printing.
- If you are able to use your printer that means your driver has been installed and you need not continue with the following steps in this document.
- If you are unable to use your printer, follow and continue to step 3.
- Setup wireless printer or Wi-Fi connection to your network: Connect wireless printer to your network using the Wireless Setup Wizard or the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
Install hp printer without cable
- Use the Wireless Setup Wizard on the printer to connect wireless printer to your network.
- Search and keep the following items ready i.e.
Network name (SSID), Network security password (WEP key/WPA passphrase), a computer connected to your wireless network and your wireless-capable printer which is recommended to be placed close to the computer during the installation
- Ensure that your router,printer as well as your computer are switched on.
- Also you must make sure that the computer and the printer are connected to the same wireless network.
- Disconnect any of the USB or Ethernet cables attached from the printer.
- Go to the printer control panel and tap or touch the Setup, Network, or Wireless menu.
- Touch the Wireless Setup Wizard and hence follow the on-screen instructions to connect wireless printer.
- Wired connection to your network
- Prepare for the connection to ensure that you have a functioning network router and an Ethernet cable before you install the printer driver.
- Connect printer to the network using the Ethernet cable to connect the printer to your wired router.
- You need to Install the built in print driver using the windows Add a Printer wizard using Wireless or wired network connection (Windows 10, 8)
- For this, you need to install the built-in print driver over a network connection with Windows 10
- Search windows10 for control and then move on to click Control Panel in the results.
- Click on the View devices and printers.
- And then Click on Add a printer. You will see A Choose a device or printer to add to this PC window gets opened up.
- If you can find your printer in the list, select it and then click Next
- Thereafter follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
- If you cannot find your printer in the list, continue to the next step.
- Click on The printer I want isn’t listed, and then go to select Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings.
- Click next and go for windows update
- Then Select Add a printer using TCP/IP address or hostname and then again click Next.
- Go to the Device type drop-down list and Select Autodetect
- Type the IP address of your printer into the text box, and then click Next.
- To look for the printer IP address, you can print a Wireless Network Test report or a Network Configuration page.
- Wait for the computer to connect to the printer, and then click Next to install the print driver.
- Print the document to ensure that your printer is working: If you are able to print that means the print driver has been installed and is working.